Every other Thursday I will continue to post a blog entry listing 5 things I am thankful for that week. Why be thankful on Thursdays? We tend to just give thanks on Thanksgiving; why not share your blessings on a weekly basis. It is my goal to continue this for a total of 52 weeks.
Psalm 75:1 -We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.
Wow so it seem that I suck at keep up with my Thankful Thursday posts, the last one I completed was on April 8. Almost two months have pasts so I have tons to be thankful for. Sorry if I go over my usual five.
- My husband recently received an amazing promotion at work. Not only did he receive more important responsibilities and a new office, but a pay increase to match. This comes at a great time as we are continuing to make good on the various debts that we owe.
- My son has finally conquered the very difficult and challenge task of learning how to crawl. He was seven and a half months old when he finally successfully crawled across the room. The scary part is he is already pulling himself up on furniture and walking across from one end of the table to other. He is starting to do that one knee one foot crawl like he is trying to stand up and walk. I am ready for crawling but not walking yet … slow down.
- With the help of the church staff and many volunteers my church was able to successfully pull of a three day United Pastor’s Networking conference for over 100 different pastors and leaders. This is the second year that our home church was blessed with the chance to host it and I am so grateful to have had a part in helping to make the conference happen.
- Our home and automobiles are functioning. Over the past few weeks we had experienced some technically difficulties with our cars and home. First my car starting giving some trouble and needed to be serviced. Then later that same week my husband’s car started to give out on us. At one point for a few weeks both of us were car less. Thankfully my sister in law was able to lend us one vehicle and my father in law was gracious enough to pick me and my son up each morning to carry us to work. But now both cars are in better working condition (not perfect, just better). Also as spring is in full swing and we are having some hot days we discovered that our AC was not pushing out cool air. Thankfully the owners had a warranty on the unit and it turned out to only be a blown fuse so we are all chill now.
- With much prayer and planning I have finally started my own personal sales consultant business with BeautiControl. I have really enjoyed their prodcuts since the at home spa I received and look forward to providing my friends and family members with the same treatment.
- I really enjoyed my first official mother’s day this year. My husband and son really blessed me and made me feel special.
- I have gotten further along with the eBook that I am writing. I truly feel it is going to be a help and blessing to many first time mothers out there.