Every other Thursday I will continue to post a blog entry listing 5 things I am thankful for that week. Why be thankful on Thursdays? We tend to just give thanks on Thanksgiving; why not share your blessings on a weekly basis. It is my goal to continue this for a total of 52 weeks.
Psalm 35:18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.
I feel so bad, with all that has been going on I totally missed my last Thankful Thursday. But I am here now to share with you what amazing things God has done for my family and why we are thankful today.
- I am thankful for my boss. I have one of the most amazing supervisors who oversees her team with a loving, helpful, supportive and caring heart. She leads by example, always teaching and providing grace when we miss a step in something.
- I am so very thankful for my husband. He has been an amazing support for me over the past few weeks as I worked on getting over several sick spells.
- My family and I are all very thankful that we finally were able to get Internet service and cable in our home. Basic TV was starting to get boring.
- I am thankful for yet another opportunity my husband and I had to serve our community. This week at my church is Servolution week. There were over 100 different community outreach projects to help serve the people in our neighborhoods in one way or another. We went down to Washington DC to serve lunch to the homeless. Awesome time!
- I am thankful for rest. Due to the busy Easter season I have really learned how important it is that we all find rest. I now make it a point to set a time of rest every week. And always strive a full nights worth of sleep. Kinda hard when I have to get up to feed my son often, but those few minutes are really not that bad.