Every other Thursday I will continue to post a blog entry listing 5 things I am thankful for that week. Why be thankful on Thursdays? We tend to just give thanks on Thanksgiving; why not share your blessings on a weekly basis. It is my goal to continue this for a total of 52 weeks.
Psalm 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
To me Giving Thanks means a moment when we recognize that on our own, with our own strengths and resources we could not accomplish or acquire what we have or gain. Right now, these past few weeks I have been in a constant mode of thanksgiving for all the Lord has done for me and my family. Recently my family was blessed and I was offered a job to return to work at the church which I previously worked for. This is an amazing blessing for many reasons and I am thankful for many reasons.
- Being offered a full time job.
- Having a job that offers in house day-care where I don’t have to worry about my son and how we will continue to breastfeed.
- Relocating my family to Maryland. We have been praying for this move for several months.
- Finding a place where my family can live. We have already secured a condo that we will be renting from a fellow church employee.
- My husband already has a job interview set up for Monday when we arrive. It is a pretty promising position in that someone within the company referred us before the position has even been made public and he is the only applicant so far.
There is so much more within each step that I am thankful. I am just bursting with tears. These past few weeks so far are the best weeks of 2010. The year can only get better.