If you clicked on this post you are probably a cereal lover like me … I mean … have children that love cereal. Well I am here to share some quick fun facts about cereal today that will encourage your family breakfast time even more. General Mills provided me with some free product information to share with you, and a gift pack through MyBlogSpark.
Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children’s diets.
Other cereal benefits:
- Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children’s diets.
- Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.
- More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.
For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.
Now you know I couldn’t spit out all these fact without backing it up with some goodies. Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals.
But even better. Enter now to win 2 free boxes of General Mills cereal now. All you have to do enter is:
1. Leave a comment below telling us what you or your child’s favorite General Mills cereal is and why. (Mandatory Entry).
2. You can tweet about the contest for another entry then come back and leave another comment with your tweet link.
3. You can post this contest on facebook for another entry then come back again and leave another comment with your facebook status link.
4. Post a blog entry of your own about the benefits of eating breakfast and eating cereal, then come back and leave another comment with a link to your blog post.
The contest will end on Friday, January 15 and a winner will be chosen using Random.org on January 16. Please be sure to leave a valid email address so winner can be contacted.
Good Luck! Now I’m going to get myself some cereal and milk.