As part of our new series DIY Fridays, I will be presenting a new project each week on how you are able to create and maintain so much on you own for a fraction of the price you would pay otherwise.
For today’s project I am sharing with you my experience making my very own lip balm. After searching through and studying different recipes, the one I found that really sparked my interest was the Beeswax Lip Balm found on eHow.com.
To make this fabulously moist lip balm you need the following ingredients:
- Tiny Tins With Lids
- Coconut Oil
- Essential Oils
- Vitamin E Capsule
- Microwave-safe Containers
- Microwaves Oven
The steps are pretty easy and only took me about 5 minutes to put it all together.
- Melt 1 tsp. shredded beeswax, 2 tsp. coconut oil, 1/2 tsp. lanolin and one vitamin E capsule in the microwave.
- Step 2Add 2 drops of essential oil such as peppermint, orange or lemon.
- Step 3Add 1 tsp. honey.
- Step 4Stir the mixture until cool.
- Step 5Pour into a container and let set until completely
Watch as I attempt to make my very own lip balm.